The 2023 EMS Annual Meeting of the European Meteorological Society – European Conference for Applied Meteorology and Climatology is planned as a hybrid event at the University of Economics in Bratislava & online from 3 to 8 September 2023.
Europe and droughts: Hydrometeorological processes, forecasting and preparedness
A particular focus of the 2023 Annual Meeting, reflecting the interests and activities of the host institutions in Slovakia, will be on droughts and drought-related challenges: Multiple mechanisms trigger droughts: shortfall of precipitation, soil moisture deficits, or reduced moisture supply from snowmelt. Consequently, a holistic and multidisciplinary approach is needed to understand and predict droughts and to develop preparedness, adaptation, and mitigation strategies. In addition, many rivers and river catchments cross country borders, which calls for transboundary cooperation and action. Therefore, we intend to address drought-related challenges from several angles; session convenors are welcome to consider addressing specific aspects of this additional focus if it is relevant to the scope of their session; however, this is no requirement. [Read more]
Upcoming deadlines & milestones
- Abstract submission is closed.
- 7 June 2023: Final day for authors to update the presentation form (onsite or online)
- 30 June 2023: Letters of Schedule to authors
- 24 July 2023: Last day of early registration
- 31 July 2023: Deadline for exhibition booking
- 7 August 2023: Deadline for letter of invitation